RE: [HACKERS] --enable-debug

From: "Ansley, Michael" <Michael(dot)Ansley(at)intec(dot)co(dot)za>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>, "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] --enable-debug
Date: 2000-01-26 11:10:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When I initially mentioned this, I had tried to debug, only to find that
there were no symbols. So I tried the standard autoconf option, which is
--enable-debug, to get some symbols. I'm not particularly concerned about
--cassert, but --enable-debug is the standard autoconf option, and most
people (developers) are aware of it. If it's just a synonym for --cassert,
well, I don't really care. I just want some symbols to debug with. I
landed up fixing it by setting
CC=gcc -g -Wall

or something, and recompiling.

MikeA