Postgres Cookbook Website

From: Ben Bennett <fiji(at)ayup(dot)limey(dot)net>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres Cookbook Website
Date: 1999-10-14 00:16:26
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Sorry for the wide mailing but I hope this will be useful.

I have thrown together a website that allows people to post recipes in
different sections. Currently the interface allows someone to pose a
question and someone else to edit it as long as the solution has not
been filled. Then only the answerer can edit the recipe.

Anyway, the URL is:
http://www.limey.net/~fiji/cookbook/

I hope that the site will become a place where people can learn the
ins and outs of Postgres without cluttering the mailing lists. Kind
of a dynamic FAQ. This will probably evolve and get more polished
over time (assuming people use it and give me suggestions/criticisms).

The site was implemented using Apache, mod-perl, DBI and of course
Postgres. And if anyone wants to see the sourcecode let me know.

I plan on adding the following features:
- Tracking the submitter of a problem (before it has the solution)
- A way to see unanswered recipes
- A way to add comments to a recipe
- An editor facility where people can moderate the recipes in a
section (and even site wide editors)
- A way to do multi-section recipes (not sure if that would get
confusing though)

- Possibly adding section hierarchies (right now there are sections
and recipes within a section not nested sections)
- Probably should add some legalese saying that everything that you
write on the site is copyright yourself but released under the
Postgres license

-ben