Port Bug Report: fails to compile pgenv.cc

From: Unprivileged user <nobody>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Port Bug Report: fails to compile pgenv.cc
Date: 1999-01-26 21:21:46
Lists: pgsql-ports

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : William Wilson
Your email address : bwilso23(at)csc(dot)com

Category : install: compile
Severity : serious

System Configuration
--------------------
Operating System : IRIX 6.5

PostgreSQL version : 6.4.2

Compiler used : Mipspro cc

Hardware:
---------

Versions of other tools:
------------------------
gmake

Problem Description:
--------------------
When trying to compile using "gmake all" the script goes through all
directories prior to the "interfaces" directory fine, then hangs
in the interfaces/libpq++ directory.

It begins complaining about the identifier "string" not being
defined in pgenv.h, beginning on line 48. This continues all the
way through pgenv.cc. I have looked in every include file
I know to find any definition of "string" to no avail. (Using grep)

Test Case:
It repeats every time I try to compile. Had the same error with the
previous version (6.4) and didn't have time to figure it out. Now that
I have tried, I've wasted a day.

Solution:
---------