JDBC throws with error code 0

From: "Glenn Holmer" <gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com>
To: "Postgres interface list" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: JDBC throws with error code 0
Date: 1999-01-22 17:20:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,
I am still having troubles trying to determine the source of
some rather bizarre behavior here. My database "factory" is
on Postgres 6.3 on a Linux box, and I am attempting to access it
with a Java program. The database was created using psql "create
database SkidData;" and "\i SkidData.i". SkidData.i looks like this:

CREATE TABLE SkidData (
WIPno char(6),
Style char(8),
Color char(3),
Width char(3),
Size char(3),
UPC char(12),
Pairs int,
SkidNo char(5),
CaseNo char(2),
SkidType char(2),
bCaseFull boolean,
bSentTo400 boolean,
DatePacked date,
TimePacked time,
DateShipped date,
TimeShipped time,
StationID char(1)
);

The table was loaded from a flat file using a Java program.
When I open psql on the server and type

factory=> select distinct SkidNo from SkidData;

I get a nice list of skid numbers. The attached file, however,
when compiled, produces the following output:

connecting to jdbc:postgresql://miranda:5432/factory...
executeQuery...
Unknown Response Type:
return code is: 0

This is making me very confused. Why does it throw if the
return code is 0? Can anybody shed some light on this?

Glenn Holmer gholmer(at)weycogroup(dot)com
Programmer/Analyst phone: 414.263.8827
Weyco Group, Inc. fax: 414.263.8808

Attachment Content-Type Size
test.java application/octet-stream 1.6 KB