Re: ODBC,Delphi and BLOBS

From: "Andrzej Szydlo" <andrzej(at)gv(dot)edu(dot)pl>
To: Matteo Cavalleri <matteo(at)bp(dot)lnf(dot)it>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)hub(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC,Delphi and BLOBS
Date: 1998-08-20 15:09:36
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 20 Aug at 1998 14:34:05 +0200, Matteo Cavalleri wrote:

> I am going to use VCL & BDE with PostODBC and PosrgreSQL.
> I have got the same problem when BDE attempts to write a filled blob field
> in the table.
> Do you think that the BOLBs parameter in DBE database configuration cab be
> useful?

I'm not sure how this proprty works, but I don't think it might
influence the BLOB writing problem. Tried different values, anyway,
and it didn't change anything.

> Howewer I have got another problem that may be caused to misconfigurations.
> Simply using a TTable connected to a TDataSource and TDBGrid and loading
> records the refresh is not correct and I need to restart the application in
> order to see all the record in the database.
> Have you got the same problem? Could you please give me your DBE & ODBC &
> TTable configuration parameter?
> How version of PostOdbc & PostgreSQL are you using?

I use PostgreSQL 6.3.2 and PostODBC 0249 - the latest version, with
some extra changes made by Byron.

I don't have any problems with refreshes. Some ODBC drivers cause
such problems, but PostODBC doesn't. My ODBC and
BDE settings are atteched below. I don't change TTable default
settings (obviously except for datasource, table name and indices)

Hope this helps. Let me know if you still have any problems.

Andrzej

++++
ODBC
++++
DSN info: DSN='pgsql
template',server='tech-1',port='5432',dbase='template1',user='postgres
',passwd=''
readonly='0',protocol='',showoid='0',fakeoidindex='0',showsy
stable='0' conn_settings=''
translation_dll='',translation_option=''
conn = 48433276, SQLConnect(DSN='pgsql template', UID='postgres',
PWD='') Global Options: fetch=100, socket=4096, unknown_sizes=2,
max_varchar_size=254, max_longvarchar_size=4094
disable_optimizer=1, unique_index=0,
use_declarefetch=0 text_as_longvarchar=0,
unknowns_as_longvarchar=0, bools_as_char=1
extra_systable_prefixes='dd_;', conn_settings=''

+++++++
BDE alias
+++++++
TYPE: PostgreSQL