Re: [INTERFACES] DBF2PG

From: "Ulrich Voss" <voss(at)vocalweb(dot)de>
To: Brook Milligan <brook(at)trillium(dot)NMSU(dot)Edu>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] DBF2PG
Date: 1998-08-07 19:58:47
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I looked for dbf2pg, is the dbf2sql usable for PG?

It is referenced in the Database-Howto a zillion times ( :-) ) on the
net, but it isn't on the PostgreSQL server anywhere.

I don't know, if it is maintained, but I think, it doesn't need that
much maintainance, dbf i quite stable and PostgreSQL sql syntax is
too. It can be labled as third party and therefore not supported.

I think, dbf2pg is rather useful and should be referenced somewhere.

> where has it gone?
>
> Not where it's referenced in the Database HowTo, not findable under
> third party on the web site, not findable in the ftp tree ...
>
> Did you try ftp://sti1.uni-duisburg.de/pub/Database/dbf2sql? I found
> it there a while ago, but don't know if it is still there.
>
> Is it still being maintained? Should a copy be at postgresql.org?
>
> Cheers,
> Brook

Ulrich Voss \ \ / /__ / ___|__ _| |
VoCal web publishing \ \ / / _ \| | / _` | |
voss(at)vocalweb(dot)de \ V / (_) | |__| (_| | |
http://www.vocalweb.de \_/ \___/ \____\__,_|_|
Tel: (++49) 203-306-1560 web publishing