Libpq in Windows95 and VC++ 5.0

From: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br (Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia)
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Libpq in Windows95 and VC++ 5.0
Date: 1998-05-19 20:10:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

But

Is it possible to compile LIBPQ with MS Visual C++ V5 to make some programs runing in Win95 machine to access PostgreSQL runing at a UNIX box without ODBC? Has any one done it yet?

Roberto

>On Mon, 18 May 1998, Andrew Boothman wrote:
>
>> I'm sure you get question's like this every day, so I'll be short.
>>
>> I've got MS Visual C++ V5. So, has anyone had any sucess in installing
>> postgreSQL on such a machine?
>> (Your web site described this as 'possibly incompatable')
>
> Not currently possible...mainly because nobody appears energetic
>enough to take on the port :)
>
>Marc G. Fournier
>Systems Administrator @ hub.org
>primary: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org secondary: scrappy(at){freebsd|postgresql}.org

Eng. Roberto Joao Lopes Garcia E-mail: roberto(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br
F. 55 11 848 9906 FAX 55 11 848 9955

MHA Engenharia de Projetos Ltda
E-mail: mha(at)mha(dot)com(dot)br WWW: http://www.mha.com.br

Av Maia Coelho Aguiar, 215 Bloco D 2 Andar
Centro Empresarial de Sao Paulo
Sao Paulo - BRASIL - 05805 000