Re: Parsing config files in a directory

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parsing config files in a directory
Date: 2009-10-25 15:20:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> As a file point, I would prefer something like

> include 'whatever/*.conf'

> that is, listing the files as a glob pattern instead of naming a
> directory.

+1, but *only* if it does not lead to us having to write our own
version of glob(). It's not worth that much work, compared to just
allowing a directory name and hard-wiring the "*.conf" rule.

Some poking around suggests that glob(3) is reasonably portable
across Unixen, but is it provided on Windows?