Re: failed to compile a C++ SPI function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: ldm(at)apartia(dot)ch, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: failed to compile a C++ SPI function
Date: 2000-10-08 03:57:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am willing to change it to typname. Any comments?

That's hardly the only change you will have to make to get the headers
to pass through a C++ compiler without complaint. How many existing
applications do you want to risk breaking?

ParamNo probably isn't a widely used node type, but there are four
structs with fields named 'typename' and one with a field named 'class'
just in parsenodes.h.

I think that before we start making changes with C++ cleanness as a
goal, we should try to get a precise idea of the extent of the changes
that would be needed, and then estimate how much user code might
reference the fields we'd need to rename.