Re: ERROR: unexpected data beyond EOF in block XXXXX of relation "file"

From: austijc <jaustin(at)jasononthe(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: unexpected data beyond EOF in block XXXXX of relation "file"
Date: 2008-09-28 18:51:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

That's going to be a problem for the continued viability of Postgres.
Clustered systems using a NAS for data is a pretty common configuration
these days. Oracle specifically supports it and even complains if your NFS
mount options are not correct. Our Oracle DBs run great in this same
configuration and are a good 10-20 times faster than the local disk
performance along with the quick take-over capability if a system goes belly
up.

I'll try to isolate this problem with a simple C program to tell me what
software layer to look at. Hopefully it's just a configuration issue.