Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use LEFT JOINs in some system views in case referenced row doesn

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use LEFT JOINs in some system views in case referenced row doesn
Date: 2016-09-12 12:08:43
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 4:19 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>> Why would we need to backpatch this commit?

> You are right there is no need to get that into 9.6. Sorry for the mistake.

Oh, that's my fault, I'd incorrectly remembered this commit as having been
further back than it was. HEAD-only is correct so far as fixing
Fujii-san's original complaint is concerned. However, don't we have the
problem that am_db_walsender processes will show up in pg_stat_activity
anyway? Do we want to do something about those further back?