Re: increase message string buffer size of watch command of psql

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ioseph Kim <pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: increase message string buffer size of watch command of psql
Date: 2016-06-13 01:52:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Ioseph Kim <pgsql-kr(at)postgresql(dot)kr> wrote:
>> Increase size of this title, please.
>> 50 bytes is so small for multi language.
>>
>> And. I suggest that date string might be local language,
>> or current_timestamp string.

> This was already changed in commit dea2b5960.

Well, we did part of that, but it's still using asctime(). Should we
change that to strftime(..."%c"...) to be less English-centric?
(The result seems to be the same in C locale. pg_controldata has done
it that way for a long time, with few complaints.) If we want to do so,
now would be the time, since 9.6 already whacked around the format
of \watch output.