Re: log_collector doesn't respond to reloads

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log_collector doesn't respond to reloads
Date: 2012-04-27 01:23:30
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> On 4/26/12 5:50 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> check the process's signal masks like this:
>> grep ^Sig /proc/NNNN/status
>> where NNNN is the logging collector's PID. Could we see that?

> SigQ: 0/399360
> SigPnd: 0000000000000000
> SigBlk: 0000000000000000
> SigIgn: 0000000001007806
> SigCgt: 0000000000000201

Hm, I'm not sure what SigQ is, but the other values match what I see for
a logging collector process on my Fedora 16 box ... and that process
responds to SIGHUP just fine. (I believe the rightmost bit of these
masks corresponds to SIGHUP, so this is saying the process is catching
SIGHUP and not currently blocking it, which is what it should be.)

Do you want to try attaching to the collector with a debugger and seeing
if it ever gets into the "if (got_SIGHUP)" block in SysLoggerMain?