Re: Adding CI to our tree

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Melanie Plageman <melanieplageman(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Adding CI to our tree
Date: 2021-12-13 23:14:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 2021-12-13 16:02:50 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
>> sudo is used exactly twice; maybe it's not needed at all ?

> The macos one is needed, but the freebsd one indeed isn't.

I'm with Justin on this one. I would view a script trying to
mess with /cores as a hostile act. PG cores on macOS tend to
be extremely large and can fill up your disk fairly quickly
if you don't know they're being accumulated. I think it's okay
to suggest in the documentation that people might want to allow
cores to be dropped, but the script has NO business trying to
force that.