Re: [HACKERS] union and LIMIT problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] union and LIMIT problem
Date: 1999-11-30 02:34:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Can I assume this is fixed? I see it marked on the TODO list.

Yes, I think it is (barring a counterexample from someone ... the
UNION rewriter is awfully crufty ...).

It might be nice to allow LIMIT to be attached to subselects rather
than just the top level, but I have no idea what it would take in the
executor to implement that. I could handle fixing the parser & planner
if someone else wants to fix it in the executor.