Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in numeric aggregate

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [sqlsmith] Failed assertion in numeric aggregate
Date: 2016-09-03 17:59:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> Digging in the coredumps, it looks like set_var_from_num() is invoked on
> an uninitialized NumericVar. Sample gdb session below.

Hm, yeah, looks like numeric_poly_deserialize is missing a required
init_var() step. Slightly astonishing that this got through even
minimal testing.

For the archives' sake: I could not reproduce this at default settings,
because the aggregate calls don't get parallelized. But it fails fairly
quickly with
set parallel_tuple_cost = 0;
set parallel_setup_cost = 0;
set min_parallel_relation_size = 0;