Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bugs in CREATE/DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Date: 2012-11-28 22:42:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> One minor thing I haven't noticed earlier: Perhaps we should also skip
> over invalid indexes in transformTableLikeClause's
> CREATE_TABLE_LIKE_INDEXES case?

I left that as-is intentionally: the fact that an index isn't valid
doesn't prevent us from cloning it. A relevant data point is that
pg_dump doesn't care whether indexes are valid or not --- it'll dump
their definitions anyway.

I agree it's a judgment call, though. Anybody want to argue for the
other position?