Re: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Paul Haddon <paullist(at)mail(dot)hartingdale(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems
Date: 2001-07-03 14:31:17
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Paul Haddon <paullist(at)mail(dot)hartingdale(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> The problem with this method is that the date that ends up in date
> fields in the table is always the servers date, regardless of what
> information is placed into the form field, and in what format.

I don't know anything about Cold Fusion, but a good way to investigate
what's going on would be to run the system with query tracing enabled
(for an ODBC client, probably the only convenient way to do this is to
start the postmaster with -d2, or the equivalent setting in
postgresql.conf). Then you could see exactly what queries are being
issued by CF, which might give a clue what the problem is.