Re: Regression on 7.1.2 fails 17/76 - is it up to date?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Allan Engelhardt <allane(at)cybaea(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Regression on 7.1.2 fails 17/76 - is it up to date?
Date: 2001-07-03 01:56:48
Lists: pgsql-novice

Allan Engelhardt <allane(at)cybaea(dot)com> writes:
> I'm asking, because my installation reports: "17 of 76 tests failed, 1
> of these failures ignored." This seems an awful lot for a recent
> download..

Your installation seems to be *seriously* broken. Don't even consider
using it till you find out what the problem is :-(. Looking at the
detailed regression diffs would be a good start; also read
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/regress.html

As of now I believe the abstime test should be expected to show about
two lines of differences, because it had an ill-considered comparison
between 'current' and '30 June 2001' :-(. Otherwise you should not see
any differences that you can't explain away as one of the phenomena
mentioned on the aforesaid webpage.