Hmm, should ACL[] be toastable?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Hmm, should ACL[] be toastable?
Date: 2000-07-29 19:08:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I notice that ACL lists are represented as arrays of aclitem, which
means they are now theoretically toastable. (In practice, I haven't
finished fixing all the routines that touch ACLs, but will soon.)

Do we need long lists of ACLs? If so, is there any danger in giving
pg_class a toast relation? It's a tad closer to the heart of the
system than pg_rewrite, so I'm not quite sure if that will work or
not. Jan?