Re: BUG: deadlock between autovacuum worker and client backend during removal of orphan temp tables with sequences

From: Akshat Jaimini <destrex271(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Mikhail Zhilin <m(dot)zhilin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: BUG: deadlock between autovacuum worker and client backend during removal of orphan temp tables with sequences
Date: 2024-03-29 10:31:01
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, failed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: tested, passed

Hii,

Thanks for the updated patch. I ran make installcheck-world after applying the patch and recompiling it. It did fail for a particular test but from the logs it seems to be unrelated to this particular patch since it fails for the following:

==========================
select error_trap_test();
- error_trap_test
----------------------------
- division_by_zero detected
-(1 row)
-
+ERROR: cannot start subtransactions during a parallel operation
+CONTEXT: PL/pgSQL function error_trap_test() line 2 during statement block entry
+parallel worker
reset debug_parallel_query;
drop function error_trap_test();
drop function zero_divide();

The code seems to implement the feature and has good and explanatory comments associated with it.
I believe we can go ahead with committing patch although I would request some senior contributors to also take a look at this patch since I am relatively new to patch reviews.
Changing the status to 'Ready for Committer'.

Regards,
Akshat Jaimini

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer