Re: log : bad file dscriptor????

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PGSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ati Rosselet <ati(dot)rosselet(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: log : bad file dscriptor????
Date: 2010-03-12 15:51:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-hackers

Gurjeet Singh <singh(dot)gurjeet(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> It seems this commit never made it to the release notes. A customer came
> asking for the fix to this very problem, and although we know that the issue
> has been fixed, we could not refer him to the release notes. All we could
> suggest was to do the minor upgrade.

We sometimes deem fixes too small/obscure to be worth documenting in the
release notes, but this one should have been documented. I'm not sure
if this was my misjudgment or Bruce's, but in any case apologies for the
omission. If you need to convince somebody that the patch was in fact
applied, you could always point them at the commit log archives:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2009-03/msg00125.php