Re: pgbench - adding pl/pgsql versions of tests

From: Cary Huang <cary(dot)huang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Hannu Krosing <hannuk(at)google(dot)com>
Subject: Re: pgbench - adding pl/pgsql versions of tests
Date: 2023-03-24 22:17:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: not tested
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: not tested
Documentation: not tested

Hi

thank you for the patch. It can be applied to current master branch and compiled fine.

The feature works as described, I am able to run plpgsql-tpcb-like and plpgsql-simple-update scripts as you have added them.

But I am not sure the purpose of --no-function to prevent the creation of pl/pgsql functions when the new plpgsql test scripts need them.

I initialized pgbench database with --no-function, and plpgsql-tpcb-like and plpgsql-simple-update scripts will fail to run

thanks

Cary Huang
Highgo Software Canada
www.highgo.ca