Re: still memory leaks with libpgtcl

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ljb <lbayuk(at)mindspring(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: still memory leaks with libpgtcl
Date: 2002-12-28 04:14:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

ljb <lbayuk(at)mindspring(dot)com> writes:
> 3) Memory leak on connect/disconnect unfortunately is not fixed in either
> the production or beta versions. I'm seeing about 4KB loss per
> connect/disconnect.

The notes I made about this say:

* src/interfaces/libpgtcl/: pgtclCmds.c, pgtclId.c: Partial
solution for 'unexpected EOF' problem with pg_disconnect: it seems
we have a choice between annoying messages and leaking memory (or
dumping core, but that's right out).

That was nearly four months ago, and so I don't recall the details,
other than that I went for the "leak memory" choice :-(

If anyone can improve the situation, step right up with a patch ...