Re: Code of Conduct plan

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeremy Schneider <schnjere(at)amazon(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date: 2018-06-06 18:09:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Jeremy Schneider <schnjere(at)amazon(dot)com> writes:
> My main feedback on the CoC is that it doesn't really say anything about
> what to do if the complaint is against a core team member. This was
> mentioned elsewhere in the email thread and I'm a bit surprised there's
> nothing explicit in the CoC. If someone feels they have been treated in
> a grossly inappropriate manner by a core team member, is it worthwhile
> to report this? I think they'd want to know a little more about what the
> process will be for that special case.

Yeah, somebody else made a similar point upthread. I guess we felt that
the proper procedure was obvious given the structure, but maybe not.
I could support adding text to clarify this, perhaps along the line of

In the event of a complaint against a CoC committee member, the
process proceeds normally, but that person is excluded from the
committee's discussions in the matter. Similarly, in the event of
a complaint against a core team member, the process proceeds
normally, but that person is excluded from any core review that
may occur.

and maybe also

In such cases, removal from the committee or core is another
possible sanction, in addition to those mentioned above.