Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir

From: Cary Huang <cary(dot)huang(at)highgo(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath(dot)rupireddyforpostgres(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: add checkpoint stats of snapshot and mapping files of pg_logical dir
Date: 2021-11-30 00:53:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: not tested

Hi

The patch applies and tests fine. I don't think there is any harm having little extra statistical information about the checkpoint process. In fact, it could be useful in identifying a bottleneck during the checkpoint process as the stats exactly the time taken to do the file IO in pg_logical dir.

best

Cary Huang