Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates

From: Georgios Kokolatos <gkokolatos(at)protonmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Amit Langote <amitlangote09(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Allow batched insert during cross-partition updates
Date: 2021-03-09 15:53:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

thanks for the patch. I had a first look and played around with the code.

The code seems clean, complete, and does what it says on the tin. I will
need a bit more time to acclimatise with all the use cases for a more
thorough review.

I small question though is why expose PartitionTupleRouting and not add
a couple of functions to get the necessary info? If I have read the code
correctly the only members actually needed to be exposed are num_partitions
and partitions. Not a critique, I am just curious.

Cheers,
//Georgios