BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password

From: PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: alnaica(at)hotmail(dot)com
Subject: BUG #16100: Cannot access to the sever with the password
Date: 2019-11-07 18:03:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 16100
Logged by: Al Aufustave
Email address: alnaica(at)hotmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 12.0
Operating system: FATAL: password authentication failed for user &quot;p

Hi,
I've downloaded PostgreSQL 12.0 and PgAdmin 4-4.14 recently on my
MacBookPro12,1 since I've some issues to connect the server with my
password. I've tried many times to uninstall and reinstall them and the
problem is not solved. The system doesn't recognise the password even if I
reset the password several times. I have a MacBook Pro with macOS Catalina
10.15 and Python 2.7.16. I need to use the PgAdmin to work on SQL code for
my courses and I am not able to do it.

Could you please help me solve this issue?

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards,
Al