Re: 1 test fails in make installcheck-world - database "regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: 1 test fails in make installcheck-world - database "regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist
Date: 2017-08-28 11:39:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Ryan Murphy <ryanfmurphy(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> And when I look at that diffs file, this is what I see:

> - [NO_PID]: ECPGconnect: could not open database: FATAL: database
> "regress_ecpg_user2" does not exist

> Why would this database not be getting created?

No, you're reading it backwards: the error is expected, but it's not
appearing in your results. I can duplicate this if I manually create
database "regress_ecpg_user2" before running ecpg's installcheck,
so I guess that's what you did. I can find no evidence that any
part of the PG regression tests creates such a database.