Re: SSL SNI

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL SNI
Date: 2021-06-03 18:14:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> It looks like the immediate problem can be resolved by just adding
> a check for conn->pghost not being NULL,

... scratch that. There's another problem here, which is that this
code should not be looking at conn->pghost AT ALL. That will do the
wrong thing with a multi-element host list. The right thing to be
looking at is conn->connhost[conn->whichhost].host --- with a test
to make sure it's not NULL or an empty string. (I didn't stop to
study this code close enough to see if it'll ignore an empty
string without help.)