Re: SSL SNI

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SSL SNI
Date: 2021-06-03 17:52:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wrote:
> Jacob Champion <pchampion(at)vmware(dot)com> writes:
>> It looks like this code needs some guards for a NULL conn->pghost. For example when running
>> psql 'dbname=postgres sslmode=require hostaddr=127.0.0.1'
>> with no PGHOST in the environment, psql is currently segfaulting for
>> me.

> Duplicated here:

It looks like the immediate problem can be resolved by just adding
a check for conn->pghost not being NULL, since the comment above
says

* Per RFC 6066, do not set it if the host is a literal IP address (IPv4
* or IPv6).

and having only hostaddr certainly fits that case. But I didn't
check to see if any more problems arise later.