Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie>
Cc: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, David Rowley <dgrowleyml(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date: 2022-04-15 03:17:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Geoghegan <pg(at)bowt(dot)ie> writes:
> Well, Noah is running wrasse with 'fsync = off'. And did so in the
> script as well.

As am I. I duplicated wrasse's config to the extent of

cat >>$PGDATA/postgresql.conf <<EOF
log_line_prefix = '%m [%p:%l] %q%a '
log_connections = 'true'
log_disconnections = 'true'
log_statement = 'all'
fsync = off
log_autovacuum_min_duration = 0
EOF

One thing I'm eyeing now is that it looks like Noah is re-initdb'ing
each time, whereas I'd just stopped and started the postmaster of
an existing installation. That does not seem like it could matter
but ...