Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Roy Badami <roy(at)gnomon(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1517: SQL interval syntax is accepted by the parser,
Date: 2005-03-19 16:11:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Roy Badami <roy(at)gnomon(dot)org(dot)uk> writes:
> All the documented interval functionality works fine. The
> undocumented support for ANSI SQL interval data types and litereals
> doesn't :-/

I think the reason it's not documented is precisely that Tom never
finished it. It may not be very far away though --- seeing that the
grammar support exists, I suspect the only missing piece is that
interval_in isn't paying attention to the typmod info, as it should
do to disambiguate input like '1'. Or maybe that support is partially
there but doesn't quite work. Feel like hacking the code?