Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: Sergei Kornilov <sk(at)zsrv(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date: 2019-03-12 10:13:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Am Montag, den 11.03.2019, 14:11 +0000 schrieb Sergei Kornilov:
> > if (badblocks > 0)
> > return 1;
>
> Small question: why return 1 instead of exit(1)?

I have a feeling it is project policy to return 0 from main(), and
exit(1) if a program aborts with an error.

In the above case, the program finishes more-or-less as intended (no
abort), but due to errors found on the way, does not return with 0.

I don't mind either way and probably exit(1) makes more sense, but I
wanted to explain why it is like that.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz