Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas

From: Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Date: 2019-03-05 12:47:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

make installcheck-world: tested, passed
Implements feature: tested, passed
Spec compliant: tested, passed
Documentation: not tested

I ran make checkworld and everything passed.

I tried installing a test extension into a temp schema. I found this was remarkably difficult to do because pg_temp did not work (I had to create a temporary table and then locate the actual table it was created in). While that might also be a bug it is not in the scope of this patch so mostly noting in terms of future work.

After creating the extension I did as follows:
\dx in the current session shows the extension
\dx in a stock psql shows the extension in a separate session
\dx with a patched psql in a separate session does not show the extension.

In terms of the scope of this patch, I think this correctly and fully solves the problem at hand.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer