Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums

From: Michael Banck <michael(dot)banck(at)credativ(dot)de>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Postgres hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date: 2019-02-26 15:35:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 19.02.2019, 14:02 +0900 schrieb Michael Paquier:
> On Sun, Feb 17, 2019 at 07:31:38PM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > New patch attached.
>
> - * src/bin/pg_verify_checksums/pg_verify_checksums.c
> + * src/bin/pg_checksums/pg_checksums.c
> That's lacking a rename, or this comment is incorrect.

Right, I started the rename, but then backed off pending further
discussion whether I should submit that or whether the committer will
just do it.

I've backed those 4 in-file renames out for now.

> +#if PG_VERSION_NUM >= 100000
> + StaticAssertStmt(sizeof(ControlFileData) <= PG_CONTROL_MAX_SAFE_SIZE,
> + "pg_control is too large for atomic disk writes");
> +#endif
> This is compiled with only one version of the control file data, so
> you don't need that.

Oops, yeah.

> Any reason why we don't refactor updateControlFile() into
> controldata_utils.c? This duplicates the code, at the exception of
> some details.

Ok, I've done that now, and migrated pg_rewind as well, do you know of
any other programs that might benefit here?

This could/should probably be committed separately beforehand.

New patch attached.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz

Attachment Content-Type Size
offline-activation-of-checksums_V4.patch text/x-patch 22.7 KB