Re: Foreign Key Implementation

From: "Alexey V(dot) Meledin" <avm(at)webclub(dot)ru>
To: "Drozdowski, Catharine I" <Drozdowski(dot)Catharine(at)emeryworld(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Foreign Key Implementation
Date: 2000-04-05 06:27:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,
I!

DCI>But I need to know how to implement foreign keys using postgres. I did not find anything in the
DCI> documentation and several searches on "foreign" key produced nothing.
There is no way to implement foreign keys. Data will always be copy
when you'll try to pass it as FK.
DCI> Does Postgres have foreign key functionality. And if not why and when???
postgresql 7.0 coming

So, with posgres 6.* you can implement only relational integrity. I
Use Erwin and it's macroses to implement automatic RI creation.

Regards, Alexey V. Meledin
InterForge Developers Group, Saint-Petersburg
look_to: <www.etcompany.ru><www.businessweb.ru>
<www.inplan.spb.ru><www.pia.ru>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
mail_to: <avm(at)webclub(dot)ru><nick_as: <cureman>>>>