Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition

From: Adam Berlin <berlin(dot)ab(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Surafel Temesgen <surafel3000(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: COPY FROM WHEN condition
Date: 2018-11-09 15:51:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As a newcomer to this patch, when I read this example:

COPY table_name WHEN (some_condition)

.. I expect COPY to only be run when the condition is true, and I do not expect the WHEN clause to filter rows. I'm curious what you think about:

COPY table_name WHERE (some_condition)

Users should already be familiar with the idea that WHERE performs a filter.