Re: Bug in gin insert redo code path during re-compression of empty gin data leaf pages

From: "R, Siva" <sivasubr(at)amazon(dot)com>
To: Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug in gin insert redo code path during re-compression of empty gin data leaf pages
Date: 2018-07-19 15:17:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Alexander!

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 2:43 PM Alexander Korotkov <a(dot)korotkov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru> wrote:
> It appears that we need to handle empty posting list pages also in disassembleLeaf().  Updated patch is attached.  I'm
> going to commit it.
Thank you so much for reviewing the patch! You are right, we need to handle the regular insert/vacuum path for the empty page as well, thanks for fixing that. The updated patch looks good to me.

>BTW, what is your full name for the commit message?
My full name is "Sivasubramanian Ramasubramanian".
Email : sivasubr(at)amazon(dot)com

Thanks again!

Best
Siva