Re: Is the bug system active?

From: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: Lee Kindness <lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is the bug system active?
Date: 2001-08-14 16:13:20
Lists: pgsql-general

Stephan Szabo writes:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Lee Kindness wrote:
> > Is the bug system at:
> > http://www.ca.postgresql.org/bugs/
> > actively in use?
> It's mostly a front end for the pgsql-bugs mailing list. I don't
> think the discussion and actions are generally copied back to the
> online system.

Right, in which case I'd agree with Tom Lane that if the web side of
things doesn't reflect reality then it would be better disabled - a
note referring people to the bug list archives would be more useful.

On a related note is comp.databases.postgresql.bugs on
news.postgresql.org being gated from the pgsql-bugs mailing list? It
doesn't appear to be so. Other groups (i.e general and interfaces)
appear fine but bugs has no messages in it.

Thanks, Lee.

--
Lee Kindness Senior Software Engineer Concept Systems Limited
lkindness(at)csl(dot)co(dot)uk +44-(0)131-5575595 http://services.csl.co.uk/