Re: 7.2b5 libpq++ include files broken?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.2b5 libpq++ include files broken?
Date: 2002-01-22 15:50:19
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
> Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de> writes:
>> as of 7.2b5 'libpq++.h' includes 'libpq++/pgconnection.h' which in
>> turn tries to include 'postgres_fe.h' which can't be found because it
>> has bee moved to the 'internal' subdirectory.

> Why was it moved to the internal subdirectory?

After playing with this a bit, I see that postgres_fe.h is just a
wrapper around c.h, which we probably don't want to move out of
internal. So relocating the file won't help.

AFAICT the only reason pgconnection.h includes postgres_fe.h is that
it needs DLLIMPORT. So a possible solution is to move DLLIMPORT's
definition out of c.h and into pg_config.h --- or even better, put
the nontrivial cases into the appropriate pg_config_os.h file.
Comments?