Re: Standby wal issue

From: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: chris kim <chrisk(at)propaas(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standby wal issue
Date: 2017-11-07 07:30:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

chris kim wrote:
> I have a standby server that is in replication mode only, and is storing
> an insane amount of wal files and it's only on the standby not the
> master. I have over 50,000 wal files right now. I only have a few
> processes running on the background and they all seem to not be the
> problem. This is running on postgres 9.2. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

Check the "pg_stat_replication" view to see if the standby keeps up
applying the changes - failure to do so could be a reason for WAL piling up.

If host standby is active, is "max_standby_streaming_delay" configured so that
long running transactions on the standby could block replication?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe