Re: question about new fmgr in 7.1 snapshots

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jeff Hoffmann <jeff(at)propertykey(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: question about new fmgr in 7.1 snapshots
Date: 2000-10-17 16:52:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jeff Hoffmann <jeff(at)propertykey(dot)com> writes:
> my question is whether i should change the function to use the new fmgr
> type of definition or if it's only for internal functions.

Up to you. If you need any of the new features (like clean handling
of NULLs) then convert. If you were happy with the old way, no need.

A new-style dynamically loaded function must be defined as using
language "newC" not "C"; this cues fmgr which way to call it.

Gotta start updating the documentation soon ;-)