Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page

From: Antonin Houska <ah(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Attempt to consolidate reading of XLOG page
Date: 2019-04-11 16:05:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

While working on the instance encryption I found it annoying to apply
decyption of XLOG page to three different functions. Attached is a patch that
tries to merge them all into one function, XLogRead(). The existing
implementations differ in the way new segment is opened. So I added a pointer
to callback function as a new argument. This callback handles the specific
ways to determine segment file name and to open the file.

I can split the patch into multiple diffs to make detailed review easier, but
first I'd like to hear if anything is seriously wrong about this
design. Thanks.

--
Antonin Houska

Attachment Content-Type Size
reuse_xlogread.patch text/x-diff 36.5 KB