So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: So, about that cast-to-typmod-minus-one business
Date: 2021-09-18 17:06:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

We had left it as an open issue whether or not to risk back-patching
5c056b0c2 into stable branches [1]. While updating the v14 release notes,
I realized that we can't put off that decision any longer, because we
have to decide now whether to document that as a new behavior in v14.

I'm inclined to back-patch, since nobody has complained about this
in 14beta3. Thoughts?

regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CABNQVagu3bZGqiTjb31a8D5Od3fUMs7Oh3gmZMQZVHZ%3DuWWWfQ%40mail.gmail.com