Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: (one more time) Patches with vacuum fixes available .
Date: 2000-12-12 04:06:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
> I'd almost extend that to the point that it is probably more tested right
> now then any other feature that has been added to v7.1 pre-beta,
> considering my knowledge of Alfred's environment ...

And wasn't Alfred hollering yesterday about sudden instability?
See the Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/include (config.h.in) thread
over in committers.

My initial guess is that he's seeing the VACUUM patch tickling a
syscache-entry-drop problem --- if so, it shouldn't be a problem in 7.1
--- but I have no evidence for that guess yet. I'm sure not confident
enough of the guess to not be afraid of dropping the patch into 7.1.