Re: License on PostgreSQL

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
Cc: Eric Yum <eric(dot)yum(at)ck-lifesciences(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: License on PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-03-27 03:49:20
Lists: pgsql-general

David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com> writes:
> Btw, one thing that is not immediately clear from the FAQ or the license
> page at postgresql.org is whether the BSD "obnoxious" advertising clause
> applies. Perhaps we need to add it.

It does not apply -- the UCB Regents specifically rescinded that
requirement some years ago, and we are by no means going to add it back.

See the mail list archives if you really want the gory details. AFAIR
we've not had a full-out flamewar about the PG license since the summer
of 2000, and I for one don't wish to reopen the topic.