Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: No Issue Tracker - Say it Ain't So!
Date: 2015-09-24 06:20:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> And email integration for Jira is nonexistant.

That is not true. We do have an email integration where customers can create
issues by sending an email to a specific "Jira Email" address. And as far as
I know this is a standard module from Atlassian. I _think_ it can also be
configured that you can reply to the notification emails and the reply will
be added as a comment to the issue.

> like that you can't have more than one person assigned to a bug

That is true, there is only one "Assignee" for an issue - the person who is
responsible for it.

But given the flexibility of Jira I'm pretty sure one could configure an
additional field (e.g. "is being worked on by" that can be assigned multiple
users.

One thing that is indeed still missing is a Git integration the way the
Subversion integration works. Jira scans the commit messages for ticket
numbers and automatically links an issue to the commits.

Thomas

(Note that I'm not in any way affiliated with Atlassian - just to avoid that
impression)