Re: unlogged tables

From: dgabriel <gabriel(dot)dodan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unlogged tables
Date: 2015-04-13 19:31:42
Lists: pgsql-performance

"In the event of a normal shutdown, we can flush all the writes to disk
so we know all the data has been written, so there is no need to truncate."

Isn't possible to periodically flush data to disk and in case of crush
postgres to load only the data that existed at last flush? The periodic
flush could be configurable, for example every 30 minutes or after x rows
updated/inserted.