unlogged tables

From: "Anibal David Acosta" <aa(at)devshock(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: unlogged tables
Date: 2011-11-11 20:08:44
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hello, just for clarification.

Unlogged tables are not memory tables don't?

If we stop postgres server (normal stop) and start again, all information in
unlogged tables still remain?

So, can I expect a data loss just in case of crash, power failure or SO
crash don't?

In case of crash, is possible that data corruption happened in a unlogged
tables?

For performance purpose can I use async commit and unlogged tables?

Thanks!